We may earn money when you click on our links.

One of the keys to success in the short term rental (STR) market is understanding the comprehensive STR or vacation rental regulations of the city or town where you plan to invest. Zoning restrictions, registration, permit or licensing requirements, and taxes vary widely. Search to see how your city or town may be affected.

STR Regulations

  Yes, the City of Park City, UT does have an ordinance in place for the regulation of vacation rentals or short term rentals, which they categorize as any rental for a period of less than 30 days. There are also zoning restrictions.

Zoning Restrictions

Yes. Park City, UT has zoning restrictions that prohibit short term rentals in certain areas. If your property falls outside of Park City limits, you must contact Summit County for business license requirements. Visit the website below to determine your property's zone.

Permit or License

Yes, in order to operate a short term rental in Park City, one must obtain a "Nightly Rental License". You must also obtain a State Sales Tax ID in order to pay taxes and register a "DBA" with the Utah Department of Commerce. The application and full details can be found below.

Short Term rental / Airbnb Regulations

For the most up-to-date information on short term rental regulations please click the links below to access the city website(s) and email address. Please notify us if there are any errors in the data.

View current vacation rental homes for sale or visit our resources section for help with products and services you need to run your vacation rental business.

Copyright © 2021 HIGHFLYRE